Sunday, October 5, 2008

First Grade and Cell Phones??



It seemed so far away to actually have a child in school all day, but it is here! I truly can't believe it. Joshua is loving first grade. He loves to have recess 3 times a day and the first time he had pizza for lunch he beamed when he told me it was "better than Pizza Hut"! I on the other hand, have been the one who has had some adjusting to do. I love that he is so happy and Joshua is my one who really enjoys being busy all day and is our social butterfly. He would be with friends 24/7 and even live at our 2 next door neighbors(who we are so lucky to have great kids that have become wonderful friends) if I would let him! It is hard for me to know that he is gone all day out of reach of my "mothering" hands and knowing that he is safe and sound. The first week of school Joshua came home from school one day and asked Scott and I if he could get a cell phone! "WHAT" was pretty much all we could say! Joshua proceeded to tell us that "EVERYONE in his class has one." I thought he was stretching the truth a little bit but he did ramble off a few of their names. We told him that maybe when he was a little older....Scott was saying," NO way"! I secretly was thinking maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, then he would always be able to reach us, if he didn't loose the phone first or break it during a slide tackle during soccer at recess. Then Joshua came home the other day talking about Cassidy and how she got in trouble at lunch. "Who is Cassidy?" I asked. "She is the one with the cell phone". :) Maybe we will hold off on the phone for a while!


3 comments:

Emily said...

It's true about the cell phones--a teacher's worst nightmare (and not so great for the kids either)!!!

I'm glad he's doing well in school. I totally hear him on the pizza for lunch. It was the only day that I ate in the cafeteria at the Elementary!

Elicia said...

Our kids wish they had 3 recesses. Here in Texas, they are lucky if they get 2!:( I use pizza day to bribe them to eat all of their home lunch the rest of the days! It works really well, they LOVE pizza Wednesdays!

Nat said...

Em, that is so funny about the cell phones. It kills me that kids that young actually do have cell phones, what is this world coming to? Glad he's liking school and the lunch and recesses!