Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pete's Dragon

So the latest favorite movie at our house has been Pete's Dragon, Thanks to Scott and our recent trip to Hawaii. Spencer especially loves it!! Needless to say the boys have watched it a few times in the past while. Yesterday I was at Target with Joshua and Spencer and as we were walking in Spencer walked in front of a tall man and he bumped into him. We said our apologies, he was very kind about it and we went on our way. About 30 minutes later while we were choosing apples, Joshua very casually says, "Mom, you know that man that Spencer bumped into?" "yes" I said. "Do you think that he is from Pete's Dragon?!" He was so serious when he asked! I thought about it for a minute and said, "he looked a lot like him didn't he?" Then we had a good laugh together. He really did look like the tall skinny Gogan, teeth and all! Joshua, you're the best, thanks for the laugh!



winter fun with my boys

10 comments:

Monica said...

Hey Emily! It's Shannon's sister... I figured you would know, but just in case!
I swear, some of my best laughs are because of my kids... they say the funniest/weirdest things!
How are you feeling?

Chris and Kerri said...

Hey Emma! Cute picture of you and your boys. Thanks for sharing cute stories of your family. I love reading about them! Congrats! (Natty told me :0)

Alison said...

I loved pete's dragon when I was younger. I need to find that movie, Kyle would love it. Wish we could have seen you last weekend. I hope you had fun with your mom.

Nat said...

I love that picture of you guys. We just love spencey and Joshua! It was so fun to play with them last weekend, but we definately missed you. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy a fun weekend with your mom though and especially without kids, I know we all need that a lot of the time. I love the pete's dragon story. We actually watched that movie a few months ago, the kids really seemed to like it. I know I loved it when I was a kid.

Emily said...

Now I want to go watch Pete's Dragon again--I loved that movie!!!

Hacking it up said...

Cute pic of you and your boys! I love Pete's Dragon! I'll have to drag that one out again! It's a great one for trips because it's so long!!!...same with Mary Poppins and Bedknobs and Broomsticks

Anonymous said...

Hey glad we found you no thanks to Scott. We had to look you up on google search and found you through the Tingeys. Anyway--we had so much fun on Saturday. Your house is beautiful and thanks for putting up with the crazy Perry's. I'm adding you to my friend slist so I can spy on you all the time now.

RATCH said...

Your boys are so cute! I used to torture my roomates in college by singing "I'll be your candle on the water" (from Pete's Dragon) to them. Ha ha ha I had forgotten how much they hated that. I love that movie... I need to get it for my kids.

Aimee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimee said...

Hi Sweetie! So I am sitting here trying to figure out if I have even seen Pete's dragon. Thatcher loves anything that has fire, so I am sure he would love it. Thanks for making me smile with that adorable story. I am so thankful that my kids make me laugh everyday, it really keeps everything in perspective. Love to you always. Aimee